I just got into the office about 30 minutes ago. I have been helping out with Field Day for the
1st - 5th graders at Emily and Grace's home school co-op. We had a great time. I got to help oversee great sporting events like the three legged race and tug of war. I think that tug of war should be an Olympic sport. Surely a team of Americans would be able to jerk any team from Europe, Asia, or Africa into a pit of mud. On second thought, the Japanese team might all be Sumo wrestlers who also participate in the tug of war. Maybe an American silver medal would do. Here's some highlights from the weekend that was:
- We had a smaller crowd than usual at worship yesterday. I think it had something to do with Greenville County schools being off today, but that didn't keep people from enjoying worship. Jake told me after the service that for the first time from where he was standing, he could hear the voices of the congregation over the voices of the band singers. By the way, he was standing on the stage playing guitar.
- Friday night I wore a suit. I now only wear a coat and tie to three events, weddings, funerals (sometimes I don't even wear one to funerals), and the home school Patriot's Ball. Friday was the ball and we had a ball. (bad pun, I know) Every year we all get dressed up, me in my suit, the girls in their fanciest dresses and gowns and we dance at the ball. This year was loads of fun as usual. The only difference this year was that my oldest daughter Emily no longer looks like a little girl. Somewhere between last year's ball and this year's my girl has grown up. I've accepted it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
- Saturday was spent painting the porch. All day long it took and the job isn't finished. The only thing that made the job bearable was the good music I had playing. If you need to paint, the Allman Brothers and Stevie Ray Vaughn make for an easier day.
- Blake received a wedding invitation last week that measured 24 inches by 18 inches. That was a first for me, inviting people to a wedding by sending them a poster. Maybe the couple wanted to be sure that when people put it on their fridge it wouldn't get covered up.
- Check out another great post from my buddy Dave. You can read it here.
That's all for now. More important posts to come later...I think.