Tuesday, March 25, 2008

You only get one chance...

Seth Godin is a businessman and author who has written books with unique titles such as, "Purple Cow" and "Meatball Sundae". He also writes a blog that I read regularly. Check out what he wrote recently about customer service here.

That reminds me of something I heard Perry Noble say once about first impressions of church. He talked about how as church leaders we always want to be sure that everything goes well on big Sundays like Easter or close to Christmas. We do that in order to make a good first impression for guests. Then he said, "we remind ourselves that every Sunday is somebodys first visit to our church."

We get one shot at that first impression and, we should prepare as if every week is Easter, or as Seth Godin says, "you can't have a bad table."

2 comments:

DMaC said...

To transition across sporting borders, Mickey Mantle was once asked why he played so hard every game even when it wasn't neccesary. He replied, " Each game may be the only chance some kid has to see me play. I want him to see me at my best."

Chip Reeves said...

hmmm . . . I might need to get that family of badgers out of the out of the playground.