Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Looking towards Easter

I have spent a large part of today working on Sunday's message, and I am feeling a little overwhelmed. I know that all of you are doing a great job inviting your friends to be at Freedom on Sunday, so I want to be sure that the words that come from my mouth are exactly what God wants me to say! Pray that God will make very clear to me His direction for the message, and also pray that He would be working in the hearts of the people you are inviting. The fact is, God is the only one who can change a heart, so His presence in the lives of your friends is more important to their understanding of the message than the way I deliver it.

Donny and I were talking today, and we both believe that God is about to do some big things at Freedom, and I think that it could really get started this Sunday. We want to be a part of God changing people's lives, and you can have a huge impact in that area by simply inviting someone to join you! I am thankful that God uses us to accomplish His purpose on earth, and that He doesn't do it all by Himself. He could you know, after all He is God.
Tomorrow I'll run through the NCAA bracket rules, and tell you who I've picked to be in the Final Four. If you pick the exact opposite of me you should do great.

1 comment:

DMaC said...

Dude, I missed the Play-In game. My Brackets are screwed, I had Coppin St. in the Final 5 1/2.