Friday, January 18, 2008

Snow, Dave Odom, and Chuck Norris

I know that I have gone all week without writing a thing. I've had a couple of people ask me today if there was anything wrong because I haven't written. I am great. Things have been a little busier than usual this week, but other than that, everything's normal.

I hope you are planning to be at worship this week and are planning to bring someone with you. I am looking forward to the message again this week. This series of messages for January has been challenging to get together, and I am excited about what God wants to do with them.

- The snow was pretty fun yesterday. It didn't take long out in it before we got completely soggy!

- Dave Odom announced his retirement today as Gamecock basketball coach. He's a great guy, but I think the program needs a fresh start. Now it will be interesting to see who they hire. I hope it's someone young and hungry.

- I'll be glad when the SC primaries are over. We are getting 5 or 6 calls a night about it. One guy told me a pre-recorded Chuck Norris called his Dad's house to endorse Mike Huckabee. Of course Chuck Norris never really calls, he just roundhouse kicks a telephone pole, and all the phones in the US ring at once!

I promise more blogs next week. Talk to you then!

1 comment:

me said...

Love the Chuck Norris comment!

I was at the Huckabee rally yesterday and Huck was telling a story about a farmer working to get the rows in his field plowed. Some Clemson guy in the audience interrupted (a Gamecock wouldn't do that) and said something about what kind of tractor he was using. Huck went on to tell him (laughing of course) that if he didn't quiet down he would have Chuck Norris take care of him. Then Huck said, "If that had been Chuck Norris in the field, all he would have had to do was look at the dirt and it would have lined up in rows for him." It was great!