Monday, January 28, 2008

Raising the bar

Wow. That's the best way for me to describe the feeling I had at the end of yesterday's service. Delivering the message is always an emotional thing for me to do every week, but yesterday that was especially the case. I think it was because yesterday's message was something that God had been working on in my heart for several months. Someone asked me yesterday afternoon if I had any "bullet holes" in me after the message. Here's one thing (of many) that I love about our church: when God leads me to challenge us, the response from the church is overwhelmingly positive! So, no I don't have any "bullet holes", instead I had lots of conversations with folks who said things like, "I needed to be challenged today", "thanks for reminding us of those things". As a reminder, here are the main two things we will expect as we "raise the bar" at Freedom: maturity and action. Let's get to work!

No comments: