Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Self awareness: Music

As long as I can remember I have loved music. Every once in a while someone will ask me what type of music I like, and I usually say, "all of it". There is not a form or style of music that I have heard that I don't like. Obviously, I prefer some more than others, but I generally like everything from rock, rap, country, blues, etc.

There's something more to my love for music that I have become aware of. I don't just love music, I need it. Sometimes during the middle of the day, if I haven't left my office because I am in the middle of studying for a message, I will take a break and listen to two or three songs on my ipod. When I'm done I feel energized and more creative. I experienced this exact thing about an hour ago. I was at a point in the day where I wanted to take a nap and couldn't concentrate. I put my earbuds in, listened to The Eagles, and now I'm ready to finish out the afternoon.

What are the things in your life that God uses to refresh you?

1 comment:

Angie Lawrence said...

Cliff, I am with you on this!! I put in my earbuds at work and crank it up. Helps me keep going!! Of course my cubemates don't always like it when I sing but they are usually laughing by the time I'm done!!