I had a great weekend all around. Here's some of the highlights as well as some other stuff on my mind this morning.
- Dan and Amber Ploof invited us to their place on Saturday night for a cookout. Dan works for Hormel so we had four different meats on the menu. It was a vegetarian's nightmare, and since I'm not a vegetarian it was awesome! I could have made myself sick on the beef brisket. Also, Dan gave me some of this classic meat product to take home. It now comes in single servings. Just what we've all been waiting for.
- Sunday morning Donny did a great job teaching us what the bible says about our possessions, or as I normally call it, our stuff. He challenged us with some questions we should ask ourselves. I will post those questions on tomorrow's blog.
- Tom Glavine is coming back to the Braves! I know that he is not as good as he once was, but to (kinda) quote Toby Keith, "he's as good once as he ever was". It will just be cool having Smoltz and Glavine in the same rotation again.
- The guest drummer on Sunday was Brett Ensley. Hopefully, Brett will be playing with the band about once a month. Brett is also a very talented keyboard player. It doesn't seem fair that he can tear it up on two instruments, and all I can play is my ipod. I guess I should have practiced my piano more when I was taking lessons from Mrs. Shrontz as a kid.
- I noticed on my way to Wal-Mart the other day that a Copper River Grill is being built where the old Quincy's was. There is one in Columbia that my parents love. With all the cool new stuff coming to Greer, (maybe a Bass Pro Shop) pretty soon we won't need to go to Greenville or Spartanburg anymore.
- The Carolina Clemson game is this Saturday. I will not be making any predictions, but I will write a post later this week detailing why this one of the greatest rivalries in sports.
- Sherry and I took the girls to the movies and out to eat last night. We saw "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium" and it was great. I thought it was one of the best non-animated kid's movies I've seen in a long time. There is one sad part, but my girls didn't cry. I did, but they didn't.