Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pray

On Monday's blog I promised to write later this week about Donny's sermon and this weekend's game. The reason I haven't done that is because on Monday afternoon I got a call that has changed my plans and the lives of lots of people in Greer. One of my friends, who was a faithful member of our church, took his own life on Monday. Monday evening and all day Tuesday were filled with lots of tears, prayers, questions, and hugs. Please spend some time in prayer for the following people:

- Barbara and Nicole: Kenny's wife and daughter. Nicole is 13. Kenny and Barbara were married for 23 years.

- Jack and Jan: Kenny's parents who lost their only other child, Tina, in a car accident over 20 years ago.

- Scott Nix, Mike Whitener, Steve Salvato: Kenny had so many friends, but these were three guys who had spent hours and hours with him trying to help.

- Freedom Fellowship: There's really no way for me to explain what Kenny meant to so many people in our church family.

- Me: The family has asked me to lead the funeral service tomorrow at 11:00. Pray that I will bring words of comfort to the family.

I along with so many others loved Kenny dearly. One thing I can be thankful for is that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Kenny is with Jesus, and for the first time his mind is at peace.

1 comment:

me said...

Cliff --- I'm praying for everyone involved but especially you. I know that weight on the pastor's shoulder all too well. Let the One who is able carry you through. He will be your strength.