Friday, February 8, 2008

Friday stuff

Well it's Friday. This has been an odd week with all of the excitement over Donny's stay in the hospital, but he's home now and things are beginning to get back to normal. Here's what you need to know:

- Amber Ploof is doing a great job revamping our "guest services" ministry. There are still opportunities for you to be involved in welcoming guests to Freedom. This is a very important, yet very simple way for to be involved in what God is doing each week at our worship gathering. If you think you might be interested, or if you would like more information about this opportunity, talk to Amber this Sunday. You can find her at one of the tables in the atrium where the welcoming team sign-up sheet is located.

- We will be continuing the message series about fellowship being the fuel that helps us move forward on our journey with Christ. Donny did a great job last week kicking things off. We will talk Sunday about the "messiness" of getting involved in the lives of others.

- Blake has posted two of my favorite commercials on his blog. Check them out here.

- I sent ya'll to Jonathan's blog earlier this week. That was for something serious and meaningful. Go there today for something silly. Click here.

- I'm a little bleary-eyed this morning. Sherry and I had to do some middle of the night care for Grace who got a touch of the virus that has been going around. Extra big thanks go out to my main man Trey for letting me come get their carpet cleaner at 11:30 last night. Sorry I had to wake you dude!

- Sherry and I are going on a double date tonight with a girl (I guess now I should refer to her as a lady) who grew up in my youth group at Fairview and her husband. That makes me feel old.

No comments: