Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend wrap-up

It's hard to describe how exciting this weekend was. Halloween Hoopla exceeded expectations, and worship yesterday was amazing.

First, let me begin by thanking everyone who volunteered at Halloween Hoopla on Saturday. There were around 150 different people who did everything from set-up, clean-up, give out candy, paint faces, cook hamburgers, greet people, and too many other things to list. If you are one of those 150, you are awesome! Your willingness to give up several hours on a beautiful fall Saturday enabled us to put on a party for the families in our community. I can't tell you how many different smiling faces of kids I saw downtown on Saturday. To see the streets of Greer filled (and I mean filled) with families thrilled me.

Just when I was thinking that the weekend had hit a high point on Saturday, we came together to worship on Sunday and things went to a new level. This was the second time we've done a self-directed worship service and once again the results were awesome. I was reminded yesterday about how powerful the words of Jesus are. We added nothing to His words yesterday in the way of explanation, and the truth of His message rang out loud and clear.

I can't wait to see what God has in store for Freedom next!

1 comment:

blake said...

i am no crowd estimator - but there were at least 10 people there on saturday.