Friday, October 24, 2008

Rainy, random Friday

It's been awhile since I've jotted out the random thoughts in my head on this blog, so here goes:

- Today is the type of day here in the upstate where you'd like to stay inside a read a book.

- I've got Buddy (our dog) with me at the office for awhile this morning until his appointment at the groomer. I wish I got half as excited to meet new people as he does.

- Dustin wrote some great stuff on his blog about true repentance. Check it out here. By the way, continue to pray for Dustin and all the folks at Midtown Fellowship in Columbia. They are doing an amazing job of reaching students at USC.

- I have loved the World Series so far. Of course I haven't been able to stay up and watch an entire game, but the first 6 innings of games 1&2 have been great.

- I'm looking forward to Sunday's worship. Switching up how we do worship from time to time is a good thing. I'm praying that the change in format will help all of us focus more intently on the words and life of Jesus.

- I forgot to mention this yesterday. Happy Birthday Blake! He does a great job teaching our teenagers who God is and what He expects from them. By the way, he turned 24. That makes him the youngest member of our staff by...a lot.

- Am I the only person who is ready for this election to be over? There's too much negative talk coming from both parties for my taste.

- Carolina and Clemson are both guaranteed not to lose a football game this weekend. At last, everyone will be happy!

No comments: