Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sunday scripture and leaving for the weekend

Sherry and I are heading out to Hilton Head this morning for a Pastor's conference. It should be a great time for us to relax and learn together. We'll be back Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning we will discuss the first tool we need to do the job God has given our church. Here's some of the scripture we'll be teaching from this week. 1 Timothy 6:6-10, 1 Timothy 6:17-19

Since I haven't written much this week, I'll share with you a rare video I discovered on Youtube. This is some footage of our praise band in the early days. Hope you enjoy it. ;)

5 comments:

reveal at fbc said...

looks like a young rick brewer. now i'm gonna have that song stuck in my head all day.

ZAP!

Trey Frick said...

All I can say is, I think we've come a long way from the good ol' days. I had forgotten that Jimmy White knew how to play guitar back in his younger days. I also think Mark Wilson sounded really good on bass back then. I don't believe he has changed much over the years though.

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome video! Is that Wilson singing? Maybe we can do that one soon!

Michelle Collins said...

This is too funny. You can't help but laugh-

Anonymous said...

Have a great couple days...

Let's see -- there are so many things to say about the video...

1. Need to give special thanks to Casio -- THE official keyboard sponsor of Freedom Fellowship.

2. Mark Sears has so much more personality today as an instrumentalist than as a backup singer.

3. This performance cemented the bond between reggae and mind altering drugs.

4. (and #1 in our hearts) AND I QUOTE "He is like a MOUNTIE, he always gets his man, and he will ZAP YOU ANY WAY HE CAN ..... ZAP!"