Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Scattered thoughts

Here's some thoughts from Sunday as well as other random things in my brain.

- The response to Sunday's message was very positive. I always have a little apprehension before I share one of those in your face, get with the program type of messages. I had several people say things on Sunday like, "that's what I needed to be reminded of", and "I like it when you're blunt."

- There have been other worship songs that I used to really love that I eventually got kind of tired of, but I think it will take a long time before I'm tired of "God of This City".

- As much as I didn't enjoy watching football this past Thursday night, I really enjoyed watching NFL games Sunday afternoon and last night. The Panthers win with two seconds left was pretty amazing, and I was glad to see Brett Favre win his first game in NY. Aaron Rodgers did a great job last night of helping the folks in Green Bay accept the fact that life must go on without Brett.

- Blake is using a website called wordle that creates pictures out of the words in a document. He has typed in this blog address to see what words I use a lot. The more a word is used the bigger it appears on the picture, so in an attempt to give Blake something to laugh at I will write the following (feel free to ignore this and move on to the next point): Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake, jell-o jell-o jell-o jell-o jell-o jell-o jell-o

- Sherry and I are heading to Hilton Head this Thursday for a conference. I can't wait to spend a weekend with just the two of us, eat some good seafood, and walk on the beach. Oh yeah, we'll get to hear some speakers too.

- Donny just let me know that Freedom's new website will be going live in a couple of weeks. We've needed to pay more attention to our site for some time now, and Donny has done a ton of work to get this new one going. As soon as it's up and running I'll let you know.

No comments: