Friday, September 5, 2008

Energizers


I never cease to be amazed at how important attitude is. If you live life with a negative attitude you drain yourself and everyone around you of energy and excitement. If you generally have a positive outlook you give energy and excitement to the people you come in contact with. We all have people in our lives that we would identify as energy drainers and energy givers.

I had the chance to spend some time this morning with someone who is an energy giver. Gary O'Sullivan spends more time than he would like traveling around the country helping businesses and business owners be more effective, and when he is home for a couple of days in a row I always try to get a little bit of his time. Every time I sit down with Gary to eat breakfast I learn something, and I walk away with two or three new ideas to think about. Gary is an energizer. I want to be an energizer. Who are the energizers in your life? Are you an energizer for those around you?

Sunday morning update: I'm looking forward to speaking again this week. Donny did a great job these past two Sunday's helping emphasize Life Groups. This week we will be focusing on the job Jesus has assigned Freedom Fellowship and all of His churches to do. If you want to read ahead to be extra prepared for the message, here's the scripture you should check out: Colossians 1:15-20, 2 Peter 3:9, and Revelation 2:4-5.

One last thing, so many of you are doing a great job at inviting your friends to join us in worship. Keep up the good work!

No comments: