Monday, July 23, 2007

Random thoughts on a great day

If Keanu Reeves had been at Lake Apalache for baptism last night he would have described the scene with one word: "Whoa" Last night was one of those days that I would dream about being a part of before Freedom ever got off the ground. We had the privilege of baptizing 12 people! If you missed it here are some highlights of the evening, along with some stuff going through my mind.

- Two of the people we baptized last night were a mother and daughter, the mother had just become a follower of Jesus yesterday afternoon!
- I love it that when we baptize I get wet all over from getting hugs when folks come out of the water.
- Mutt's did a great job with the BBQ.
- Last night was the first time I ever included some one's nickname when I baptized them. Brandon "Professor" Howitt
- It's awesome when adults get baptized because it reminds us that it's never too late to accept Christ.
-It's awesome when kids get baptized because they can live a full life of service for Christ. Pray that the six kids we baptized last night will do that.
- I was zapped when I got home last night. It was a serious adrenaline crash after the day we had experienced.
- I need to put more rock salt in my ice cream churn next time. I prefer Oreo ice cream to Oreo soup.
- On the way home Sherry and I were talking about how much we love Freedom. There's no other group of people I'd rather hang out with.
- How cool is it to baptize in a place that the kids can swim in once the service is over?
- Yesterday was also my sister's birthday. Happy Birthday Robin!
- Baptizing 12 at one time is cool, but we need to start praying now that at our next baptism 12 will seem like a small number. There are thousands of people in our community who need Jesus!
If you were there last night and you took pictures please send them to me. I'll get someone to help me figure out how to post them on here, and you'll all be able to see them.

No comments: