Thursday, July 5, 2007

It's official

I have tried to deny the truth, but there's no way to hide it anymore. I am now officially old. I had suspected it for a while based on a few things. First of all, I'd rather sleep in my own bed than anywhere else. When we visit my parent's in Columbia we go for the day because I want to get home to my bed. Also, I cant' sleep past 7:00 a.m. anymore, and if I do I feel like I've missed half the day.
The events of last night have confirmed my passage into old age. We spent a great day at Lake Keowee with the Krezdorn's which was followed by a July 4th celebration in downtown Salem. Well, the fireworks didn't end until 10:30, so we didn't get home until 11:30 and I didn't get in bed until 12:15. There was a time in my life (not that long ago) that getting in bed at 12:15 would have been turning in early. Those days are gone. I had a hard time driving home last night and getting up this morning was a killer. Now that I have given-in and proclaimed my oldness, I will be applying for a part-time job as a Wal-Mart greeter. I've always wanted one of those cool red and blue vests! Please come by and visit me, I will check your receipt for you with a highlighter before I'll let you out the door.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're "officially old" what does that make me? I guess I wouldn't even qualify for a greeter's positon!
Barrie

The Brighter Side of Things said...

Cliff there is hope. You'll catch your second wind and hit for the cycle. You are only as old as you let your self be. Think and act twelve eventually people around you will begin to tell you to act your age. Or they will find ways to avoid the silly antics of the old man rejecting his mid life crisis.