Monday, July 2, 2007

A Big Step

Well here it is. I have gone and done something I never thought I would. I've started a blog. A year ago I didn't even know what a blog was. Six months ago I couldn't understand why anyone would waste their time reading or writing one. Now you're reading mine. (or maybe you're not)

There are a couple of reasons why I never thought I would have a blog. First, I'm afraid of computers. It's not that I don't like computers or that I don't think my life is easier because of computers, I'm just afraid of computers. I think it goes back to the time I saw "2001 A Space Odyssey". I'm afraid that my computer will turn on me one day just like the HAL 9000 did on those astronauts! (HAL's voice was really creepy) Another reason I was not going to blog is that I thought the whole idea of someone posting their thoughts on the Internet for everyone to read was a little self-centered. I mean who really cares what I think about politics or American Idol? Finally, sometimes I say things that I regret as soon as it leaves my mouth. If you do that on a blog it's read by a lot of people, and could result in a lot of trouble.

So all that aside, why I am writing this anyway? One of the things I realized is that in the early days of Freedom Fellowship I would spend lots of time sitting and talking with people about what we wanted the church to become, and how we would try to get there. Naturally, the more people that started to attend it got harder to get that message out. That's where this blog comes in. I will put my thoughts, ideas, and questions on here to try and help us all move in the direction God wants us to as a church. I will also use this space to promote upcoming events, and report on the cool things going on in the lives of our people. And, from time to time I will comment on some totally trivial stuff that I just want to write about!

So there it is. I 'm officially a part of the blogging world. Now there's no turning back.

4 comments:

Trey Frick said...

Resistance is futile. We are Blog. Good job man. Looking forward to being 'in the loop' with you. I sure do miss sitting around the camp fire and talking about the vision and praying it through. It's been a great ride and I am looking forward to what God has in store for us.

Lisa Wilson said...

Hey Cliff. I'm proud of you stepping out like this. I agree with Trey about missing our times talking about the vision (although I don't think I was ever invited to the campfire one). It's going to be exciting reading your thoughts of where our church is headed.

Cliff Marshall said...

I miss those times too. Trey,let us know when the next campfire will be and I'll bring the stuff to make smores.

Lisa Varn said...

Cliff, I think this is pretty cool. It's amazing to see how much has changed since those Sunday evenings at the Wilson's. Like the others, I really miss them. You will "all" always have a very special place in our hearts. Thank you Cliff, for inviting us along on this eternal ride.