Thursday, January 22, 2009

President for a day

Well I asked yesterday for your comments regarding what you would do on day one as Obama or Bush. I still think there are those of you out there with some interesting things to write, but you're just being shy. I posted all the comments that have come in so far (all three of them) and now here's my list. Notice this list is not that serious. It's 4:00 in the afternoon, and I'm tired of being serious today!

If I were Obama:
- send messages to old girlfriends who broke up with me that reads, "To quote the great Steve Perry, 'Who's crying now?'. P.S. - Michelle sends her love"

- appoint a special counsel to investigate Oprah Winfrey. You know she's got to be up to something shady.

- send past due notices to the banks that received the billions of bailout dollars.

- hire the chef from Mulate's in New Orleans as one of the White House chefs, just to make bread pudding once a week.

If I were Bush:

- begin nasty crank call and e-mail campaign to Keith Olberman and Rachel Maddow.

- make out a to-do list that would read as follows: Things to do today - 1. nothing in particular, 2. nothing of significance, 3. nothing that will affect world peace

- take Laura on a date. The first private date without cameras around in eight years.

- call my brother Jeb and warn him that being President is not all it's cracked up to be.

No comments: