Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bits and pieces

Here are some bits and pieces of what's happening now:

- Time of prayer tomorrow night
Remember that tomorrow from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. we will be meeting at my house (103 Thistledown Way, Taylors) for a time of prayer for Freedom. This is a great way for us to be sure we are in line with what God has for our church in the future. I'll post a list of the things we will pray about on here tomorrow for those of you who can't make it.

- Get ready for Super Bowl parties
On January 21st we'll have information about where you can gather with friends to watch the first half of the Super Bowl. This will be a great chance for you to invite some of your unchurched friends to hang out. My prediction for the teams that will be playing in the game: Eagles and Steelers in an all Pennsylvania showdown. Of course, last week at this time I was certain the Panthers would win it all.

- American Idol starts tonight......but I won't be watching.
I never watch until the tryouts are finished. Call me crazy but I don't enjoy seeing people with no singing ability, who have been told by the producers of the show that they can sing, get embarrassed on a national stage. There's a lot of things that are embarrassing that I find hilarious, but the crushing of people's dreams ain't one of them.

I want to formally apologize to Mrs. Harne my 12th grade English teacher for the use of the word ain't in the previous sentence.

Have a great day!

No comments: