I was going to write this tomorrow, but I'll get it out of my mind today. Here are some of my final thoughts on the Olympics:
- NBC showed way too much diving and not enough cycling, boxing, judo, badminton, etc.
- It was exciting to see the lead singer of Fine Young Cannibals win the decathlon to become the worlds' greatest athlete.
- I enjoyed all two weeks of the Olympics this year, but it did lose a little excitement for me after Michael Phelps was finished. Winning by 1/100th of a second was one of the coolest things ever.
- Bob Costas dies his hair and eyebrows. Not that he shouldn't, I'm just saying I noticed it.
- Mary Carillo needs her own show. Her reports were usually funny and interesting. I especially enjoyed the one about kites and kite fighting.
- During the closing ceremonies the drummers in the middle of the arena formed a circle that looked just like a Bloomin' Onion to me. The more I watched the hungrier I got. I wonder how much Outback Steakhouse paid for that product placement?
- The next race I want to see is Usain Bolt vs. a cheetah.
- Now that the games are over I can get back to going to sleep at a reasonable hour.