Friday, August 15, 2008

Another random friday

This has been a slow week as far as blogging goes, so you might be wondering what I've been doing all week, but you probably are too busy with your own lives to really wonder what I've been doing. Either way here's an incomplete recap of stuff from this week.

- Completed the message for September 14. It took longer than usual, and now that it's done I'm pretty sure it needs some re-working before I actually teach it. What is the subject that caused such a struggle in preparation you ask? You'll have to wait until 9/14 to find out, but I'll tell you this, it's something everyone cares about, and has an opinion on.

- Spent a good bit of time preparing to lead our Life Group that will begin on September 10.

- Finalized some details for our trip Disney World in November. We can't wait!

- Watched Blake in his office here.

- Watched Michael Phelps win six gold medals.

- Checked out another bad rap video from the guy on Dustin's blog. If you want to waste 4 minutes of your life click here.

- Ran across something in scripture I had never noticed before. I was reading in 1 Kings about King Solomon and all his riches and I read in chapter 10 verse 22, "The king had a fleet of trading ships at sea along with the ships of Hiram. Once ever three years it returned, carrying gold, silver and ivory, and apes and baboons."
Apes and baboons? I wonder what he did with the new stock of primates he received every three years?

- Listened to Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd all the way through for the first time in a while. That's got to be one of my favorite albums of all time.

- Played lots of Rummikub and Uno with the girls.

That's part of what happened this week. On to what's happening Sunday, we will finish the message series on the life of David. Before you come, go ahead and read 2 Samuel 7.

See you then!

No comments: