Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sunday scripture and other stuff

Here's some things you'll want to know about, along with some other things you probably don't really care about:

- I'm looking forward to teaching at Freedom this Sunday. Teaching at Springwell last week was great, but it will be good to be back home this week. We are starting a new series of messages called "God at Work". We'll look at the life of David for the next several weeks, and learn together how God works in our lives. For those of you who like to read ahead, this week's message will be from 1 Samuel 16:1-13.

- I'm really ready for Emily to get back from GO Camp. Since Grace was gone last week, our house has been a little out of whack for almost two weeks now. I'm just able to relax a little more when we're all under the same roof. I'm learning now why my Mom always wanted to know where I was and when I was coming home.

- Kung-Fu Panda was much better than I expected. Good story, cool martial arts scenes, and Jack Black is always funny to me. It wasn't as good as the best animated movie ever (Finding Nemo), but it was worth the ticket price.

- I know lots of folks make home-made ice cream on July 4th. If you make a churn tomorrow and can't figure out what to do with all of it, I'll be glad to take some off your hands! Have a great 4th!

1 comment:

jimmy white said...

Hey Cliff. I am looking foward to you teaching this sunday too.
My grandson Connor made it thru surgery very well this morning and is now resting in a room and breathing own his own. Thanks to you sherry andd the people who have been praying for us. It goes to show Jesus preforms mircales every day. thanksnnwmvca