Thursday, July 24, 2008

Baptism and prayer requests

I hope you are making plans to be at Lake Cunningham this Sunday afternoon for our baptism party. We will begin at 5:00, and following the baptism we'll eat some BBQ from Bucky's, and just enjoy hanging out together. If you are new to Freedom and want to know what we're all about you definitely need to be there. Helping people discover true freedom in Jesus and seeing them make that change public in baptism is why this church was started. If you have given your life to Christ and would like to be baptized this Sunday you can still be a part of the celebration. Just call the church office at: 877-3604 or send me or Donny an e-mail:

donny@freedomfellowshipsc.com
cliff@freedomfellowshipsc.com

Until Sunday here are a couple of things I'd like to ask you to pray with me about:

Messages for Sept - Oct. - I am in the planning process this week for September and October messages. Frankly, discovering what God wants me to teach about for those months has been a struggle. Pray that God will make it very clear to me, and that He will help me think of creative ways to share His message.

My friend Jerry Chapman resigned from Capstone Church this past Sunday. I have asked you several times over the past few months to pray for Jerry and Yvonne. The issues they are dealing with haven't gotten any better, and they along with their church needs our prayers. You can read more about the situation here.

No comments: