Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Quick thoughts on Tuesday morning

- It actually rained at our house last night. I was so excited I thought about getting up out of bed and walking out on the porch just to look at it. Of course I really just turned over and fell asleep again.

- I saw a bumper sticker this morning that said this: "If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid." That's an encouraging thought.

- I've been praying through and brainstorming ideas for September and October messages the last couple of days. I'm pretty excited about what God wants me to teach during those eight weeks. Please pray that God will make it very clear to me what needs to be said and how it needs to be said as well.

- We're less than 30 days from the start of football season. I am past ready for it to get started.

- The Braves are done. Making the playoffs every season for 14 years really spoiled me. I guess I need to accept the fact that the current team is like the Braves were when I was a kid, good enough to win some games, but not good enough to win the division.

Shine a light where you are today!

No comments: