Friday, January 22, 2010

Sunday preview

This Sunday we will continue the "House" series, and we will focus on the kitchen. Here's some scripture you can read before you arrive: Hebrews 5:11-14.

Also, remember to come prepared to give to the special offering for relief in Haiti. The envelopes will be on the regular giving table. You can put the Haiti envelope in the black box with your regular offering envelope.

By the way, it has been brought to my attention that I have been pronouncing the word Haiti like a redneck. I have been saying, Haytee with the emphasis on the last syllable. I'm pretty sure the correct pronunciation is Haydee, with the emphasis on the first syllable. I can't help it that I am 100% southern, and it really comes out in my speech. Just know that this Sunday as I am talking about the offering I will be making an effort to pronounce Haiti correctly. Let's hope I can do it.

No comments: