After the service on Sunday I talked with several you who said that the topic of the message was something you really needed to hear. It seems that lots of us struggle with being possessed by our possessions. At the end of the message I asked a few questions designed to make us think about our own situations. Here they are again for you to read and think about. Perhaps as you answer these you will get an understanding of whether or not you have a healthy or unhealthy relationship with possessions.
- Have you already picked out the next thing you will purchase?
(not including groceries, gas for the car, etc.)
- When you get extra money that you weren't expecting what is your first inclination of how to use it.
- In the past what have you been willing to go into debt for?
- Do you have storage issues at your home?
- Do your plans for the future revolve around what you can buy or what you can do for the Kingdom of God?
Sunday's message and the questions above were both based on two passages of scripture: 1 Timothy 6:6-10 and Luke 12:22-31
Be sure and read both of those when you get a chance.