Friday, April 24, 2009

Sunday scripture

My friend and faithful reader of this blog Dr. Alan Waterfield reminded me last Sunday that he likes to know what scripture I'll be teaching from on Sunday, so he can read it before he arrives. I would encourage everyone who worships at Freedom to adopt that policy. Of course in order to do that you need to know what scripture to read, and to know that I have to remember to tell you. I think that's where the breakdown has been occurring in this process. Well here's the info you need for this week: Daniel 3. The whole chapter. It's a rather familiar story. This week we'll be answering the question, "What do you do when you are expected to compromise the principles of God on your job?" The story in Daniel 3 helps us know how we should react in those situations. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you there.

Here are a few other things I'm looking forward to this weekend:

Going on a date with Sherry - Just about every Friday night Sherry and I get to go out to eat alone. We love our girls, but having some time with just the two of us to talk is wonderful. We haven't gotten to do that in three weeks, so we're a little overdue.

Not wearing a suit - Due to weddings and the home-school ball I had to don the official dark suit and tie the last three weekends. For a guy who normally preaches in blue jeans, crocs, and a t-shirt that can be quite a shock to the system.

Watching a Jerry Garcia concert DVD - My brother from another mother Mark Johnson let me borrow it last week, and I haven't had a chance to see any of it. Hopefully I'll get a little time in the Fortress of Solitude to check it out before Monday gets here.

That's all for now. See you at GHS on Sunday at 10:30! Bring someone with you!

No comments: