Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lesson from Joshua

I started reading through the book of Joshua yesterday and I read verses 13-15 in chapter 5 today. I love how the angel makes it very clear that God is not taking sides in the battles and arguments of this world. He doesn't have to choose who to support, He gives us the chance to choose His side. His side is the only one that will last anyway. Long after our arguments about Democrat and Republican, liberal and conservative, big government and limited government are over, the only side that it will matter if we chose to be on or not is the side of God. That was a nice reminder for me today.

Here's a few other things happening in my little world:

My exercise session on Tuesday was great. I walked / ran at the track behind the old high school. The breeze was blowing it was nice.

I get to sing with the praise band this week. I always enjoy that.

I can't wait to see the Office tonight. This whole new storyline about Michael leaving the company has been an awkward change. That's what makes that show so good, the awkwardness.

We've got a robin's nest with two baby birds in it on one of our gutters. We're enjoying watching the mama bird get worms from the yard and take them to the babies. Now we've just to hope Sugar (our hunting cat) doesn't figure out a way to get up there.

I was talking with Emily last night and I realized something that will come as no surprise to most of you. She is smarter than me. I always knew she would be eventually, but I was hoping it would take her longer than 14 years to pass me. Now the key is to trick her into believing she can't live without me for at least six or seven more years.

No comments: