Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend Update

I don't know about you, but we had a busy weekend. Here are a few of the highlights:

- My folks came for a visit. They got in Friday about 2:00 after stopping at Wise's BBQ in Prosperity. (or is it really Jalapa?) I was thrilled that they brought us some of that good ol' mustard based BBQ and hash. They spent the night so they could see the girls play basketball, unfortunately both of the girls teams lost. Dad said that he might have accidentally brought the chicken curse with him from Columbia, but I don't think he did because...

- The Gamecocks won another close game on Saturday! I was actually in the truck running an errand when Mike Holmes tipped the winning basket in with less than a second to play, but I heard it all on the radio. I didn't weep for joy, but I did let out a long Ric Flair like "Whooooo".

- The crowd was a little thinner than usual at worship yesterday. I guess there were a good many folks who took advantage of the three day weekend, and speaking of taking advantage...

- The gigantic economic stimulus bill was passed on Friday evening. I still need someone to help me understand if this is a good thing or not. Of course the Republicans are telling me it's horrible, and the Democrats are saying it's the last chance we've got. I'm thinking the truth is somewhere in between those two extremes. What I am certain of is that the amount of money that's being talked about in these packages blows my mind. I can't accurately comprehend millions much less billions and trillions. No matter what the outcome I am not worried. None of this has taken God by surprise, and He will continue to care for us. Remember that today as you watch all the talking heads react to the passage of the bill.

No comments: