Thursday, February 19, 2009

Getting Back on Track

I have an appointment in about an hour for some personal training at the place where I exercise. It's free because the young lady who's coaching me is doing an internship in order to earn her college degree in Exercise Science. Here's the thing, I spent an hour last Thursday doing this training, and I felt great when it was done. Well, not immediately after I was done. At first there was this strong feeling of nausea, but once that passed I felt great! It was probably more psychological than physical. You would think that I would have used that great session last week as a springboard to get back on track with my exercising. I had every intention of doing that, but here it is 60 minutes away and I haven't exercised once in the past seven days. Things could get ugly this afternoon. I am determined to get back on a regular exercise schedule. Today is the start! I can do it! The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step!...and all that stuff. So do you think I will? I give you permission to ask me if I have been exercising enough next time you see me. Of course if you'd rather not ask that would be great.

p.s. - When I ran spellcheck on this post I had misspelled exercise everytime! I thought it had two c's instead of just one.

No comments: