Yesterday was a busy Monday, and I have discovered that if I don't write a post on here before lunch it's not going to happen. It was around 3:00 yesterday when I realized I had not thought about the blog at all. Here's some random thoughts for today:
- God really used Wayne Cordiero's message to speak to me on Sunday. I am going to make an effort to study God's word and let it speak to me without me always reading it to figure out what I can teach to our people.
- Rhett and the rest of the band did a great job on "Signature of Divine (Yahweh)". In case you didn't know, that song is performed by NeedtoBreathe. They are a band from right here in the upstate.
- I think it's weird that Major League Baseball managers wear a uniform like the players do. We went to Atlanta on Friday to see the Braves play, and it made me laugh that Bobby Cox is introduced in the starting line-ups as "wearing #6 Bobby Cox". It's as if he might pick up a bat and go in as a pinch hitter if needed. What if basketball coaches wore the same uniform as their team? Imagine Phil Jackson or Gregg Popovich sitting on the bench in shorts and a sleeveless jersey. On second thought, don't imagine that.
- Sherry, Emily, and I took Grace to camp yesterday morning, and I didn't cry when we left. That doesn't mean I didn't want to, I just didn't.
- We took Emily and two friends to see the new Indiana Jones movie last night. If you haven't seen it yet, I won't spoil it for you here, but I will say that the ending was out there. In fact, it was a little too out there. I would give it 2 out of 5 stars.