Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday update

It's Monday morning before I leave for vacation on Saturday, and as usual there is a lot to get done! It's amazing how much effort it takes to leave town for a week, but it is certainly worth it. Here's what is on my mind:

- Yesterday's service is one I will remember for a long time.
There are Sunday's at church that just seem to stand out form the rest, and yesterday was one of those days. There were a lot of cool things that came together at the same time, not the least of which was all the folks from LRCC joining us for the first time. It was great to see almost all of the people I met there a couple of weeks ago walk in the door at GHS. Donny's message was off the charts. The whole idea that we are holy not because of what we do but because of what Jesus has already done was something I needed to be reminded of. We also had many new folks there yesterday who were not from LRCC. All this should be a reminder to us that God has lots more in store for Freedom and in way have we arrived at our destination. That is the most exciting part to me!

- There are a bunch of movies I want to see.
The new Terminator looks cool, and I didn't care to see Star Trek, but I've heard it's really good so now I want to check it out. Of course the one I'm really excited about is the new Harry Potter that comes out in July. Emily and I were excited just to see the preview when we saw Night at the Museum 2. The sixth book was my favorite so the sixth movie should be as well.

That's all for today. I've got to get cracking on all these tasks that need to be finished by Friday! This time next week I'm body surfing!

No comments: