Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Catching up with more random thoughts

I realize that it's already Wednesday, and this is the first blog of the week from me. There's a reason for that, and I will discuss it in my first bullet point now:

- I woke up Monday morning with some kind of funkified virus. The worst part of it was a fever that hit me about 11:00 a.m., that's when I left the office. I came home, got under the electric blanket and stayed there until about 4:00. Yesterday was much better, and today I am back to normal. Well, as normal as I'll ever be.

- We had a great time on Sunday afternoon celebrating the end of basketball season at Pizza Inn with Grace's team. Emily and I coached them this year, and it was fun to see how far the girls came in their ability to dribble, shoot, and pass during the course of the season. The parents were nice enough to give both me and Emily itunes gift cards for coaching this year. Most of mine has already been spent.

- Unleash is tomorrow. For the last couple of years the folks at New Spring Church in Anderson have put on this one day conference. We went last year and it was well worth the time and money. Perry's message during the final session last year was the most relevant and uplifting message directed toward Pastors I had ever heard. I have it on my ipod, and I listen to it every couple of months to be reminded of why I do what I do. I am looking forward to what God has given him to say to us tomorrow.

- Remember to keep praying about the exciting opportunity God has brought us to with the land on Hwy. 290. Pray for wisdom for me and the rest of the team working on the project, and pray that the mission of telling our community about true freedom will be renewed in our hearts. I'll keep you updated on the next steps in the process as they happen.

No comments: