Monday, March 16, 2009

Best comment from Friday

Thanks for all the comments to Friday's post about the dumbness of time change. Evidently, there are many of you like me who see yourselves as experts on stupidity. That is actually one of the only topics I would consider myself an expert on.

All of the responses helped make the point, but the one that I think seemed to end the debate altogether was from Carla. I shouldn't be surprised since she is one of the smartest people I know. Her comment was: "-Definitively stating that something is "the dumbest thing in the world" unless you have actually seen everything in the world. ;)" On that note I will just say, case closed.

A few other things you may find interesting:

- Here's something to pray about: as you pray for the new opportunity concerning the land on Hwy. 290, also pray that we will be allowed to continue meeting at Greer High School. It will take some time before we will be able to worship at the new property, and in the meantime we will still need to meet at GHS.

- Bracketology is in full force. The Marshall family will be filling out our NCAA tournament brackets in the next couple of days. Check out this funny set of brackets that my buddy Dave told me about. Personally, I think Alpha-Bits and Golden Grahams are seeded way too low.

- I love being a Dad. Nothing special happened over the weekend to make me write this, I just was thinking a few minutes ago about how cool it is that God lets me have two daughters, not to mention a beautiful wife. I'm pretty sure that was a run-on sentence. My apologies to Dr. Silas Garrison. (freshman English prof.)

Hope your Monday hasn't been too tough. Have a great week!

1 comment:

DMaC said...

I've been absent here for a while so I must catch up.
A few thoughts; I'm not in any high dollar pools this year but instead I devised a point system based on various chores. Currently my wife is beating me by 6 points.
As for the cereal brackets; it's widely known that Fiber One plays a "Run" and gun style, if ya know what I mean.