Friday, December 7, 2007

Looking to Sunday

If you're anxiously awaiting another list of Christmas songs I'm sorry to disappoint you. Maybe before Christmas I'll do one more list. How about something like my favorite Eddie quotes from "Christmas Vacation"? If you don't know who Eddie is you need to rent "Christmas Vacation" and watch it this weekend.

Today instead of a list, I want to give you a little preview of this week's service. I got to hang out with our band at practice last night, and they were working on a new song for this Sunday called "You Said". Laura Beth sings it, and it is going to be awesome! Be sure you are there Sunday, you will not want to miss it. I will be talking this week about how Christmas reminds us that God keeps His promises. The bible is full of promises that God makes to us, and we can count on Him to do what He says He will do. I think that's something we need to be reminded of regularly not just during this busy time of year.

On Wednesday of this week, our Life Group had our Christmas party with the Life Group that Tracy Burkhalter leads. I was reminded of how important just hanging out and having fun together with other folks is to me. I believe the religious term for this would be "fellowship". Whatever you want to call it, it was fun. We did that thing where everyone brings a present then you steal them from each other. It had been awhile since I had laughed that hard!

One more thing before Sunday, I just received an e-mail from Wendy Trusty who is overseeing our teacher recruitment for the preschool area, and she let me know that beginning in January there will be some opportunities for new folks to serve in that area. If you have been looking for a place to minister at Freedom this would be a great place to consider. You will get to teach some of the sweetest children around the message of God's love. If you are interested, or know someone who might be good at this please send Wendy an e-mail: wtrusty@bellsouth.net

I can't wait to see you Sunday! Bring your friends with you!

1 comment:

Trey Frick said...

Laura Beth did a fantastic job Sunday as well as Cliff and the young Ms. Marshall with Steven's guitar work. I am taken aback week after week at the joy that I find in worshiping the Lord at Freedom. I truly appreciate all of the hard work that goes on week in and week out that allows us to gather as a church and worship our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We have so many folks behind the sceens working hard to help with the service each week and I want to say "Thank You!" to each and every one of you. I know it is not done for our glory but for God's. Keep up the good work b/c the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. I know that we are not all about the 'service' but we do gather as believers to worship and that helps me recharge my batteries each week. God Bless and have a GREAT WEEK!